Orofacial Myology - What we offer:
(1) Assess the role of habits on oral posture, function and their effects on growth and development, as well as address existing compromises in both adults and children;
(2) Provide learning services for adults and children, who have developed dysfunctional patterns, to restore balanced functional oral posture based on the principles of behavior modification,
(3) Use the most effective means for assisting in identifying and overcoming dysfunctional rest postures, breathing, chewing, swallowing, tongue function, hair pulling, thumb sucking, and body postural habits.
(4) Teach behaviors that support healthy facial, airway, and dental, development,
(5) identify and rectify/eliminate factors that regulate these habits (e.g., cranial dysfunction, tethered oral tissues), and tongue thrust, crooked teeth, diastimas, TMJ, cross bite, swallowing and eating mechanics, thumb sucking, nail biting, hair pulling.
(6) Teach you how you can restore functionality to the way they sit, stand, walk, talk, and sleep.
(7) Teach orofacial habits that can optimize facial, airway, teeth straightening, development and behavioral maintenance.
8) Help families and friends who could benefit from orofacial myology services.
face /neck muscle tension
habitual mouth breathing
high narrow palate
jaw joint problems
lip or tongue tie
open mouth chewing
short upper lip
teeth migration, (crooked)
thumb or finger sucking,
www.info@BehavioralPhys.com messages to: 505.552.2007